Louisiana Gumbo's Community Forums
Home | Sign In | Sign Up | Search | Help | Louisiana GumboPost a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer | Forward

Home / Communities / Slidell Town Talk
oint made the team as the teams extra forward, the

New Messageoint made the team as the teams extra forward, the (modified 0 times) bellis wu
Profile | Email
GOLD COAST, Australia -- Harry Jones scored two tries as Canada advanced to the Bowl final at the Gold Coast Sevens with a 19-14 win over Scotland on Sunday. Steve Atwater Jersey . John Moonlight had Canadas other try in the semifinal, while Connor Braid chipped in with two converts. Canada next faces France in the final after also defeating Spain 29-5 earlier in the day. Moonlights try came one minute into the match, but Braid missed the ensuing convert. Scotland replied with a try from Joe Nayacavou and a convert to take a 7-5 lead, but Jones and Braid hooked up to give Canada a 12-7 lead at halftime. Scotland again went ahead with a try, this time from Andrew Turnbull, and a convert to open the second half. But Jones and Braid once again scored and Canadas defence did the rest of the work to move into the final. Shelby Harris Jersey .Y. - Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby captured his second career Art Ross trophy on Sunday after leading the NHL in scoring this season. Garett Bolles Jersey . RAPTORS STRUGGLING: The bottom line is the true test in sports isnt just how you handle failure, but how you handle success. http://www.thebroncosstoreonline.com/Youth-AJ-Derby-Broncos-Jerseys/ . Seager had another triple, a home run and a double in a rare feat not seen in more than 40 years, leading Felix Hernandez and the Seattle Mariners past the New York Yankees 10-2. "It was a weird play," Seager said of the triple in the fourth inning.TORONTO Canadas world junior team has lost forward Robby Fabbri for the remainder of the tournament due to a high ankle sprain.The St. Louis Blues prospect suffered the injury after throwing a routine body check at Denmarks Anders Krogsgaard on Friday early in the first period of Canadas 8-0 quarter-final win.Im disappointed obviously for Robby cause it is a huge loss for our team, said coach Benoit Groulx.The 19-year-old Fabbri could not put any weight on his right skate as he was helped off the ice. He did not return to the game. Fabbri had two goals and four assists to go along with a plus-7 rating in Canadas first four games.Groulx responded to Fabbris injury by promoting Brayden Point to a line with team captain Curtis Lazar of the Ottawa Senators and Connor McDavid, the presumptive No. 1 pick in this years NHL draft. Point, who was Canadas 13th forward entering the world junior championships, gave Canada a 7-0 lead in the third period for his second goal of the tournament.Brayden Point did a great job of stepping in, said Lazar. He fit in nicely with me and Connor, we were happy to get him a goal. ... Hes been a competitor and a player, for something to happen like that, it is the game of hockey and the way she goes sometimes but now theres extra more motivation to win it for him.Point was modest about his performance, instead expressing concern about Fabbris injury.I thought we did a good job, you never like to see a teammate go down, said Point, a draft pick of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Chad Kelly Jersey. . I thought we did a good job. We have a lot of skill guys.Vancouver Canucks prospect Jake Virtanen moved down to the third line with Nic Petan and Nick Paul.Groulx is uncertain of how his lines will look Sunday when Canada faces Slovakia at in the semifinals, but liked what Point adds with McDavid. IIHF rules prevent Canada from replacing Fabbri on the roster, so 12 healthy forwards remain for Sundays game.I just think Connor needs that a little bit with them, a guy that can play with him, that can make plays with him and maybe the line of Nic needs another shooter with them, said Groulx. We like to balance our lines with speed, with size, with skill.Point, who has 17 goals and 44 points in 29 games with the Moose Jaw Warriors of the Western Hockey League, was in unfamiliar territory as the 13th forward.Its a little different for sure, but I dont think its tough. Its awesome when were winning games, said Point. The goal is the gold medal so its definitely not tough to watch other guys compete. I thought I played pretty well going into a bigger role. You never like to see anyone go down.When Point made the team as the teams extra forward, the coaching staff used the Martin St. Louis analogy. St. Louis was part of a group of forwards who played the role of the extra forward at the 2014 Olympics in Sochi.The coaching staff told me about Martin St. Louis (at the Olympics), said Point. Thats a guy thats making $6 million a year. Its part of the team. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
01-18-2018 09:10:12 P.M.

Post a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer | Forward
All times are CSTPowered by UltraBoard v1.62