Louisiana Gumbo's Community Forums
Home | Sign In | Sign Up | Search | Help | Louisiana GumboPost a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer | Forward

Home / Communities / Slidell Town Talk
this years competition. Kevin Reynolds of Coquitla

New Messagethis years competition. Kevin Reynolds of Coquitla (modified 0 times) bellis wu
Profile | Email
WINNIPEG -- It looks like a couple of starting quarterbacks are out for the season in the CFL West but it really wont matter much to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers as they look to climb out of last place in the division, coach Mike OShea said Tuesday. Patrick Patterson Jersey . Saskatchewan Roughriders Darian Durant tore a tendon in his elbow in Sundays win in Winnipeg and, in his first game back in 2014, B.C.s Travis Lulay injured the same shoulder that had kept him from playing until now, as it healed from off-season surgery. But that still doesnt mean the Bombers (6-5) will have an easier time of it, said OShea. "Theres no point in looking at it that way for us," said OShea. "Travis Lulay played one game, right, so Kevin Glenns got them to where they are right now (6-4). In reality, Kevin Glenns been the starter. "And we dont play Saskatchewan again until the playoffs. So theres nothing we can really do about that." Of course, Winnipeg has to make the playoffs, and with five of their seven remaining games against western teams, that isnt going to be easy. They start with the B.C. Lions on Saturday. The Lions (6-4) are the only western team the Bombers have managed to beat this season, their first back in the West in about a decade. As for Saskatchewan, theyve taken the Bombers down three times in 2014, although Sundays 30-24 win was just as painful for the winners as it was for the losers with Durant injured and expected to undergo surgery in the next few days. "Realistically, his regular season is probably done," said Roughriders general manager Brendan Taman. "Whether or not we can get him back for the playoffs, well see. Its not the greatest of outlooks." The outlook is just as grim for Lulay. "Travis has suffered a shoulder dislocation very similar to the one he had last season," Dr. Bob McCormack said in a statement after Lulay was injured in Fridays 7-5 win over the Ottawa Redblacks. "Due to the nature of the injury, the surgery which was performed on Travis shoulder last winter has essentially been undone." Despite OSheas comments, if Winnipeg quarterback Drew Willy can stay healthy the Bombers chances of making the playoffs would seem to have increased with both Lulay and Durant gone. The Bombers do have their own injury issues, but none as critical. One of the most troublesome right now may be the absence of long-snapper and linebacker Ian Wild. Bad snaps didnt help Sunday as the Bombers fell 30-24 to the Roughriders, after surrendering an early lead. OShea said there is a chance Wild may be ready to return to meet B.C., but the Bombers dont want to risk his health by sending him in too soon. They were missing receiver Nick Moore last Sunday with a sprained ankle but the Bombers are deep at receiver this season and have veteran Romby Bryant in reserve. He picked up 60 yards Sunday in a losing effort in which OShea noted the Bomber offence actually had a pretty good game. Meanwhile, offensive linemen Pat Neufeld and Mathias Goossen are also injured and OShea said Neufeld is possibly out for another week still, although Goossen may be able to return to practice. The Bombers will practise for the first time Wednesday since Sundays loss. Penalties (13 of them) were also costly for the Bombers Sunday and OShea said hes discussed the issue with the team. "What are we averaging, were averaging nine a game, and we had 13, so theres four more. The unfortunate part is those four are probably URs (unnecessary roughness) which adds up to a lot of yards. Weve just got to do a better job." He said he is still seeking clarification about a couple of those 13 penalties because hes unclear on exactly what was called. Kyle Singler Jersey . There was little fanfare, though, when the Yankees captain was taken out of his final regular-season Subway Series game in the eighth inning. Jeter watched the last four outs from the bench, pulled off the field during a double switch Thursday night as the Yankees held off the Mets 1-0. Terrance Ferguson Jersey . Johns IceCaps erased an early two-goal deficit to come from behind and defeat the host Portland Pirates 5-4 on Saturday in American Hockey League action. http://www.authenticthunderauthority.com/doug-mcdermott-thunder-jersey-c-21/ . Al Horford said all he had to do was make the catch near the basket and then shoot a soft jumper. SAITAMA, Japan -- European champions Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte received 69.70 points to finish first in the short program. Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje of Waterloo, Ont., trailed by half a point. Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat of France were third on 68.20. "This is definitely where we want to be, in the attacking position of the top spot, because we feel that we put great work into this season especially and we want to end on a high note and put out two solid performances," said Poje. Torontos Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier of Unionville, Ont., were 10th with 59.42 points. Alexandra Paul of Midhurst, Ont., and Mitchell Islam of Barrie, Ont., scored 57.68 points for 11th place heading into Saturdays free dance. Ekaterina Bobrova and Dmitri Soloviev, the top-ranked Russians, were forced to withdraw after Soloviev injured his groin in the morning practice. Defending champions and Olympic gold medallists Meryl Davis and Charlie White of the United States were not taking part. The ice dance concludes on Saturday with the free dance. Japanese teenager Yuzuru Hanyu came back with a brilliant free skate to become the first man in 12 years on Friday to win the Olympic and world figure skating titles in the same year. The 19-year-old Hanyu, who trailed compatriot Tatsuki Machida by nearly seven points after the world championships short program, produced a near-flawless free skate to finish with 282.59 points, just three-tenths of a point ahead of Machida. Javier Fernandez of Spain was third with 275.93. "That was very close," Hanyu said. "I work hard to become a skater who can always end with strong performances. I felt the responsibility to win the event." Hanyu fell twice during the free skate at the Sochi Olympics but had no falls on Friday. Skating to "Romeo and Juliet," he opened with a quad salchow and followed with a quad toeloop. His only deduction came onn the triple flip and he got extra points on five straight jumps. Shawn Kemp Jersey. The mens Olympic-worlds double was last achieved by Alexei Yagudin in 2002. Machida captured his first major medal with a graceful performance to Stravinskis "Firebird." "I showed everything I have at this moment," Machida said. "I tried to perform without caring about the score or ranking but it got into my head and I had a really tough four minutes." Fernandez, who was fourth in Sochi, was deducted points when he singled a planned triple lutz. "I popped the triple lutz," Fernandez said. "And I didnt do my quad salchow triple toeloop combination, but still it was a good program even though Yuzuru did better than me." Maxim Kotvun of Russia was fourth followed by Jeremy Abbott of the United States. Canadian Patrick Chan, who had won the last three world titles, decided to skip this years competition. Kevin Reynolds of Coquitlam, B.C., was the top Canadian in 11th place. Its been a tough season for Reynolds, who struggled with ill-fitting skates for several months. "The whole season was a giant learning experience, and I can take from that knowing I can still skate my best even though Im not feeling even close to where Id like to be in terms of being comfortable and being ready, being prepared," said Reynolds. "What I can take away from this is that even if Im not feeling 100 per cent, I know that I can still do the job, and that should give me confidence when I do feel good." World junior champion Nam Nguyen of Toronto was 12th while Elladj Balde of Pierrefonds, Que., was 18th. "Skating in front of 20,000 plus people, its amazing," said the 15-year-old Nguyen. "Im not intimidated at all. Im very excited to skate for them. I love to hear them cheer for me. I just want them to skate with me." -- With files from The Canadian Press Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
12-11-2017 10:38:06 P.M.

Post a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer | Forward
All times are CSTPowered by UltraBoard v1.62