Louisiana Gumbo's Community Forums
Home | Sign In | Sign Up | Search | Help | Louisiana GumboPost a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer | Forward

Home / Business & Shopping / Northshore Business
uld complete the race due to a series of reliabili

New Messageuld complete the race due to a series of reliabili (modified 0 times) bellis wu
Profile | Email
TORONTO -- Toronto manager John Gibbons placed his trust in two new Blue Jays and was rewarded for his confidence. Kellen Winslow Jersey . With Danny Valencia hitting a single and Nolan Reimold following with the game-winning double in the 10th inning, the Blue Jays came back for a 3-2 victory over the Detroit Tigers on Saturday. The Blue Jays tied it in the ninth on a single by Dioner Navarro against Tigers closer Joe Nathan. Valencia and Reimold, both unheralded acquisitions last month, entered the game as pinch-hitters in the eighth inning and struck out as the final two batters to face Tigers right-hander Max Scherzer, who had 11 strikeouts. But when Valencia and Reimold were set to hit as the first two batters in the 10th, Gibbons gave bench coach DeMarlo Hale a little nudge. "I said to DeMarlo at the start of that inning, weve got those two new news guys here, usually you see in the first couple of weeks in a new place they do something big," Gibbons said. "Its just kind of the way it happens, they both did it." Valencia, acquired in a trade with the Kansas City Royals on July 26, led off with an infield single into the hole at shortstop against reliever Joba Chamberlain (1-5). Valencia has a hit in seven of his first 10 games with the Blue Jays. Reimold, claimed off waivers from the Baltimore Orioles on July 6, took a called first strike, fouled off the next one and pounded an 0-2 slider that caught too much of the plate to left centre for the winning hit. "I was expecting a breaking ball but I was expecting it to be a ball trying to get me to chase," Reimold said. "So thankfully I was ready to hit and put it in play. Ill take it. I was happy to come through." Its not the first game that Reimold has won for the Blue Jays. After coming off a calf injury that put him on the disabled list, he hit two home runs, including the game winner, at Houston on July 31. His hit on Saturday made a winner of left-handed reliever Aaron Loup (4-3) who pitched the top of the 10th after rookie right-hander Marcus Stroman pitched a career-high nine innings. The win also gave the Blue Jays a boost after the Tigers scored three runs on two home runs in the ninth inning in a 5-4 comeback win on Friday. "The whole team played a great game, Stroman pitched awesome," Reimold said. "I had a feeling we were going to pull it out," Stroman said. "Everyone was super confident in the dugout, guys kind of had a buzz about them that knew we were going to get the job done and it ended up working out. As everything was unfolding, I was just sitting there excited." The Blue Jays (62-56) and Tigers (63-51) have split the first two games of the series with the rubber match on Sunday. Stroman, who had a good sinking fastball Saturday, allowed four hits, three walks and two runs while striking out four. He is the first Blue Jays rookie to go nine innings since David Bush on Oct. 1, 2004, against the New York Yankees. Scherzer, who has had 11 strikeouts in a start one other time this season and has a season high of 13, said he was spent after holding the Blue Jays to four hits, no walks and one run after eight innings. "I was done," Scherzer said. "Theres nothing else to it. I was done Im not going to sit here and play second guess the manager. I was done. I looked at Brad (manager Ausmus) and he had his hand out so I shook it and I was done. Thats all there is to talk about. I emptied the tank to get through the last inning." Nathan replaced Scherzer for the bottom of the ninth but could not hold the 2-1 lead. Jose Reyes led off with a single, his second hit of the game, and stole second. A review of the play at second base upheld the safe call. Melky Cabreras fly out to deep right sent Reyes to third. Jose Bautista was walked intentionally. Navarro rapped a 3-1 pitch on the ground to right field to tie the game at 2-2. The Blue Jays had a chance to win it without going to an extra innings. A wild pitch put runners at second and third. Colby Rasmus walked to load the bases and right-hander Joakim Soria replaced Nathan. Juan Francisco popped out to shortstop and Munenori Kawasaki grounded out to first to send the game to an extra inning. Soria came to the mound for the 10th but left with a side strain before throwing a pitch and was replaced by Chamberlain. "Were not sure how bad it is," Ausmus said. "We wont know until tomorrow." Victor Martinez sliced a two-out, two-run double to left field in the sixth inning as the Tigers took a 2-0 lead. Ian Kinsler, who singled with two out, and Miguel Cabrera, who walked, scored. The Blue Jays answered with a run in their sixth. Reyes singled with two out and Cabrera sent him home with a double to left centre. It was Cabreras second hit of the game as he extended his hit streak to four games. That set up the late-inning heroics. "It was a great day all the way around," Gibbons said. "It was really the only way to end it." Notes: Announced attendance at Rogers Centre was 45,927, ninth sellout of the season. Blue Jays DH Adam Lind (right foot fracture) was not in the lineup Saturday for the Gulf Coast League game in Florida. He is still expected to join the Blue Jays in Seattle for a three-game series against the Mariners that opens on Monday. Lind went 2-for-2 on Thursday in his first rehabilitation outing in the GCL but took Friday off as a precaution after he experienced some back tightness. Former Blue Jays OF Rajai Davis had two singles on Saturday for the Tigers. He had two doubles in Detroits 5-4 win on Friday. LHP David Price (11-8, 3.11 earned-run average), who was acquired from the Tampa Bay Rays in a trade on July 31, will pitch the series finale on Sunday for the Tigers against Blue Jays LHP Mark Buehrle (11-8, 3.27 ERA). Philip Rivers Jersey . A 19-game winner with the New York Yankees in both 2006 and 2007, Wang spent most of this year at Triple-A for the Yankees and Blue Jays. The 33-year-old right-hander was 1-2 with a 7. Kyle Emanuel Jersey . Chan captured two silver medals at last months Sochi Winter Games mens singles and the inaugural team event. But he doesnt have the urge to resume training to defend his world title when the event is held in Saitama, Japan, later this month. http://www.authenticchargersnflfansmall.com/c-28-chargers-joe-barksdale-jersey.aspx . Watch the game live on TSN and TSN GO at 9pm et/6pm pt. Serge Ibaka returned to the Thunder lineup from a calf injury that was supposed to sideline him for the remainder of the postseason and the results were sparkling.MELBOURNE, Australia - Formula Ones season-opening race ended in rancour and controversy Sunday as initial second-place finisher Daniel Ricciardo of Red Bull disqualified for a breach of fuel regulations, five hours after Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg took the checkered flag. Ricciardos exclusion from the results tarnished what had been a day of celebration for local fans, who were jubilant that the Red Bull driver had apparently become the first Australian to finish on the podium at his home race. However just before midnight, stewards ruled that Ricciardos car had "exceeded consistently the maximum allowed fuel flow" and that the team refused an instruction from the races technical delegate Charlie Whiting to change the fuel-flow sensor before the race and a further request during the race to reduce the fuel flow. Red Bull immediately announced it would appeal the decision. "Inconsistencies with the FIA fuel flow meter have been prevalent all weekend up and down the pit lane," a Red Bull statement said. "The team and (engine supplier) Renault are confident the fuel supplied to the engine is in full compliance with the regulations." The exclusion capped a day of shocks at the Albert Park street circuit. Thought Rosbergs victory was little surprise, given Mercedes had been the dominant team in preseason testing and across the race weekend in Melbourne, few would have expected pole sitter Lewis Hamilton and defending four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel to be mere onlookers after half a dozen laps. Both Hamilton and Vettel suffered engine failures, illustrating the difficulties all teams are having getting performance and reliability out of the sports new V6 hybrid engines. Ricciardos disqualification meant Kevin Magnussen was promoted to second in his debut race, ahead of his McLaren teammate Jenson Button, giving the team a bright start to the season and the lead in the constructors championship after a very disappointing 2013. Rosberg started third on the grid and was first to reach turn one, then drove away from the field to eventually win by 24.5 seconds at the Albert Park street circuit. The margin of victory and the authority of the performance showed why Mercedes is considered a strong favourite to finally win its first constructors title this season. "I had an unbelievably quick car today," said Rosberg, whose world champion father Keke won the inaugural Australian F1 GP in 1985. "It was such a pleasure to drive, its such a great feeling and I really look forward to the neww races. Denzel Perryman Jersey. " Rosbergs delight was a contrast to the disappointment on the other side of the garage as Hamilton quickly retired a car that was only firing on five cylinders. "We looked so strong but to then have a hiccup is tough for everyone, but we will bounce back," Hamilton said. Like Mercedes, Red Bull was on one hand celebrating a strong performance in the opening race while also harbouring concern about the engine problems that caused the retirements of their top drivers. "We learned the car is quick, we just need to get everything together," Vettel said. "No doubt well fix this issue, the question is how soon?" Ferraris Fernando Alonso finished fourth in a worryingly uncompetitive performance for the Italian team, while Williams driver Valtteri Bottas recovered from losing a wheel early in the race to finish fifth; pulling off a succession of impressive passing moves that showed the strong potential of the car. Force Indias Nico Hulkenberg and Ferraris Kimi Raikkonen in his return to the team after six years away finished sixth and seventh respectively, ahead of the Toro Rosso pair Jean-Eric Vergne and Daniil Kvyat. After Ricciardos exclusion, Force Indias Sergio Perez was promoted to the final points-paying position in 10th. The 19-year-old Kvyats 10th place made him the youngest driver ever to earn an F1 point, breaking Vettels record set at the 2008 Italian Grand Prix. The 21-year-old Magnussen was the second-youngest driver to claim a podium finish, behind Vettels record at the 2007 U.S. Grand Prix. Despite fears that few cars would complete the race due to a series of reliability problems in preseason testing and over this weekend, 15 of the 22 racers finished. There was only one major accident, with Caterham driver Kamui Kobayashi slamming into the back of Felipe Massas Williams at the first corner, immediately ending the race for both drivers. Magnussens heady performance for a rookie driver illustrated why McLaren put such faith in him, discarding Sergio Perez after a single season to make room. McLaren leads the constructors championship after one race; an impressive recovery after a dire 2013 season in which the high-achieving team failed to secure a single podium. "Its not a win but it feels like a bit of a win," Magnussen said. "The team is coming off a difficult season and they just wanted to come back. "The team is massively motivated to stay on top and they are a team that should be on top in Formula One." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
11-12-2017 09:11:04 P.M.

Post a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer | Forward
All times are CSTPowered by UltraBoard v1.62