Louisiana Gumbo's Community Forums
Home | Sign In | Sign Up | Search | Help | Louisiana GumboPost a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer | Forward

Home / Entertainment / At the Movies
ut Marcel is too." Manuel Osborne-Paradis of North

New Messageut Marcel is too." Manuel Osborne-Paradis of North (modified 0 times) bellis wu
Profile | Email
LONDON – Even when he decides to keep his mouth firmly shut there is no keeping José Mourinho out of the headlines. Charley Taylor Jersey . The Chelsea manager is up on a misconduct charge form the Football Association and responded by deferring his Friday afternoon pre–match press conference for Saturdays Newcastle match to his assistant Steve Holland. Mourinho faces a possible ban and fine following comments he made about what he feels is a clear campaign against his club related to controversial incidents and decisions surrounding the awarding of penalty shots in recent matches. What appears to have sent the FA over the edge was his tagging as a scandal the booking of Fabregas in the December 28 match at St-Marys. Something Holland did face questions on were the recent reports linking Chelsea with Lionel Messi. He informed the media throng gathered at the clubs training facility they were not at all looking at shifting players out, nor bring any in during the current window. A Chelsea spokesperson informed TSN.ca, As a matter of policy we dont comment on transfer speculation and rumour in the media when asked to comment on the reports which were sparked into life Monday after Messi followed Chelsea FC and a few players on his Instagram account. Coupled with an alleged rift with his manager. The 44-year-old Holland believes a Messi deal by any football club in Europe is impossible. When you look at the numbers being mentioned around the Messi deal, I think its almost an impossible deal for any club working within the restraints of financial fair play. The astronomical numbers bandied around certainly bear out Hollands most rational take. CIES Football Observatory, a Swiss company with a highly regarded football business research group who only yesterday released their 2015 Index on the Worlds Most Valuable Players have placed a €220m [$310m] bounty on Messis head. Then on top of this figure would be the financial commitment towards his salary. Any such five-year deal would nudge it through the half billion threshold. Even the Steinbrenners would baulk at that number if a young Lionel had picked up a baseball bat. Last time of course Messi faced Chelsea was the Second Leg of the 2012 Champions League Semifinal at the Nou Camp which we all know finished in tears for the 2014 Ballon dOr nominee. Missing a second half penalty in that game runs Messis scoreless streak in the competition against the BPL league leaders to seven matches. A significant statistical anomaly when factoring in the Argentine has a phenomenal 75 goals in only 92 appearances to become the highest scoring player through the six decade-plus history of the European Cup. You can be guaranteed the thorough planner that is Mourinho would have used his freed up time Friday afternoon to run a final rule over the Newcastle Presentation he delivered to the Chelsea squad which occurred shortly after Hollands press conference wrapped up. At least Mourinho would not have had to include mention of those now infamous St-James Park ballboys who he directly laid blame on for Chelseas first defeat of the season back in early December. His opposite number that day Alan Pardew is no longer in Mike Ashleys firing range. Those shoes these days are filled by Pardews assistant John Carver, a Geordie man from birth which the desperately underserved Toronto FC supporters know very well. Carver was in the dugout next to Pardew during the corresponding fixture last season which certainly brings back happier Newcastle memories for Mourinho. On the back of an Eden Hazard hat-trick Chelsea won 3-0, a result which pole vaulted Chelsea to the top of the league. That was early February 2014, but as we all know now during the run in the little horse continually slipped up against some rather unfancied horses. That included losing at home to Sunderland, which spelled the end of Mourinhos extraordinary unbeaten home record in the league - a run which stretched back to his first term which began in 2004 and in all totalled 78 matches. Hazard, who continues to impress and improve since joining the SW6 ranks in summer 2012, has certainly charmed his fellow Belgians into following his Chelsea career up close. A significant number of them will be traveling from Brussels for the match. Some of those were early arrivals and certainly added to the atmosphere Friday afternoon in one of the various food and drink emporiums inside the main entrance of Stamford Bridge. Speaking to the traveling support and again adding a cultural flavour to yet another sold out Stamford Bridge Saturday afternoon will be a 3,000 strong Toon Army who will have traveled down from their native northeast, a distance from London which is further than Brussels. Unlike Abramovich, who for obvious reasons is adored by the supporters of the club he owns, his opposite number Mike Ashley is disliked and mocked by most, if not all Newcastle supporters. The mere fact he chose not to move up to the northeast from his northeast London palatial-type home which has more rooms than an average sized hotel did not endear himself to the Geordies. Renowned for his drinking ways Ashley could likely be at Stamford Bridge tomorrow. I wonder if hell dare sit himself inside the Matthew Harding stand, named for the iconic Chelsea director who sadly lost his life when flying home following a Chelsea match away to Bolton in 1996. Harding used to hold court in a local pub before matches. The talk Saturday in those pubs surrounding Stamford Bridge will be dominated by the alarming run of BPL form for Chelsea. That most recently includes a rightful 5-3 drubbing at the hands of a rampant Tottenham and well see if they can address it against a club who are seeking the season double over Mourinho. Noel Butler can be reached at: Noel.Butler@BellMedia.ca @TheSoccerNoel Mason Foster Jersey .200. His solution to his hitting woes was business in the front and a party in the back."That would be a mullet," Norris says. Earnest Byner Jersey . -- All-Pro tight end Jimmy Graham and the New Orleans Saints met Tuesday for arbitration on his contract. http://www.theredskinsshoponline.com/Youth-Spencer-Long-Redskins-Jersey/ . Barnard, 28, was 1-0 with a 0.53 ERA in three appearances, including two starts, with San Angel o this season. He struck out 19 batters and walked just one in 17 innings pitched. He has previous American Association experience with the Lincoln Saltdogs, El Paso Diablos and Amarillo Sox.LENZERHEIDE, Switzerland -- Aksel Lund Svindal of Norway retook the lead in the overall World Cup standings Wednesday by placing fifth in a downhill won by Olympic champion Matthias Mayer of Austria. Svindal earned 45 points to move 41 ahead of two-time defending overall champion Marcel Hirscher of Austria, who skips downhills. "If I had to put money on someone I have no idea who it would be," said Svindal, who will race against Hirscher in a super-G on Thursday. Mayer earned his first career World Cup win in one minute, 29.99 seconds, 0.11 faster than Christof Innerhofer of Italy and American Ted Ligety, who tied for second. Svindal was 0.20 seconds behind Mayer. Mayer and Innerhofer finished 1-2 in the downhill at the Sochi Olympics. "Its very important," Mayer said of his win. "It was a target for me to win a World Cup race this year. Its perfect." Manuel Osborne-Paradis of North Vancouver, B.C., was 13th while Erik Guay of Mont-Tremblant was 19th but finished the season a career-best third in the overall standings despite persistent knee issues. "Theres no question it was a successful year in downhill," Guay said. "With no skiing throughout the summer and having those knee difficulties in January, there have been a lot of ups and downs. To finish third overall is great. "I feel like I could have been competitive for the Crystal Globe if Id been healthy. Its a little bit of a bummer to finish on this note but finishing third overall gives me (hope) for next year." Osborne-Paradis was ranked 18th in downhill while Calgarys Jan Hudec, who sat out Wednesdays race due to a back injury, was 24th. On Thursday, Guay and Osborne-Paradis will conclude their World Cup seasons in the super-G. Osborne-Paradis will return to Canada to defend his national downhill title in Whistler, B. Joe Theismann Jersey. C., later this month, Guay, though, will head home to Quebec, where his wife, Karen, is expecting their third child. "The super-G is going to feel fast, it will be interesting," Osborne-Paradis said. "Im going to ski hard and hope for the best. "Ive got nothing to lose so Im going to push my line and take what Ive learned from today. Ill see what I can get away with." Ligetys career-best result in downhill lifted him to third in the overall standings. His previous best in downhill was fourth, in 2007 at Lenzerheide where the steep, twisting course suits his technical skills. "This is a hill I know I have a good chance on," said Ligety, the world champion in super-G. "I also dont count on this carrying through to other races on the World Cup downhill tour." Svindal, a two-time overall champion, already clinched his second straight season-long downhill title before the World Cup Finals. "I used to be 1-2-3 every race, and now Im 4-5-6," said the Norwegian, who has finished just off the podium since the Olympics. "But Marcel is too." Manuel Osborne-Paradis of North Vancouver, B.C., was 13th and Erik Guay of Mont-Tremblant, Que., was last among the 19 skiers who finished the race. Svindal is scheduled to start the giant slalom on Saturday, but skip Sundays season-ending slalom which is typically Hirschers best event. American Bode Miller seemed poised for victory Wednesday until going wide near the end of his run. He placed eighth, 0.62 behind Mayer. Several racers found trouble on the hard, bumpy snow despite the clear, sunny conditions. Austrian Georg Streitberger twisted in the air while crashing when more than a half-second ahead of Mayer midway down. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
01-16-2018 09:45:01 P.M.

Post a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer | Forward
All times are CSTPowered by UltraBoard v1.62