Louisiana Gumbo's Community Forums
Home | Sign In | Sign Up | Search | Help | Louisiana GumboPost a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer | Forward

Home / Entertainment / At the Movies
tough start, especially on the road, forward Jarr

New Messagetough start, especially on the road, forward Jarr (modified 0 times) bellis wu
Profile | Email
For the first time in his 18 season NHL career, Detroit Red Wings forward Daniel Alfredsson is preparing to face a former team. Donovan Smith Jersey . Thats because he spent the first 17 campaigns with the Ottawa Senators; the team that made him the 133rd overall pick in the sixth round of the 1994 NHL Entry Draft before making the move to the Motor City. On Wednesday, the Senators will make their first visit of the season to Detroit and the meeting has been on Alfredssons mind. You can catch all of the action live on TSN at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt and get in-depth player stats, Twitter Trender and more on TSN.cas GameTracker. "I dont know how its going to feel," Alfredsson told TSNs Brent Wallace in an exclusive sit down interview. "Part of me is a little excited because a lot of my friends are on the other team and its going to be about bragging rights in some terms. On the other hand its going to be different emotions going through me as well." While meeting his former teammates for the first time is going to be big, the 40-year-old forward feels that playing for the first time in Ottawa, in front of the Senators fans, is going to be an even bigger challenge. "Thats going to be the most emotional game, December 1st in Ottawa no question," said Alfredsson. "The way the schedule works out, were going to play them twice here before and I think Ill have dealt with most of the questions. It will be more focused on the game." After announcing his decision to move from the Senators to the Red Wings, one of the reasons Alfredsson gave for making the choice was seeing a better chance to win the Stanley Cup in Detroit; a statement that wasnt well received in Ottawa. "Looking back, not the best comment I could have made, but I think we all know that if you get into the playoffs you have a chance to win the Stanley Cup," said Alfredsson. "Ottawa, going forward, are going to get better and better because they have a really good core to build on. For me, (Detroit) is a different challenge." Senators owner Eugene Melnyk claimed that there was miscommunication between the forward and his agent J.P. Barry while they were trying to negotiate a contract extension. This is a claim that Alfredsson denies. "I was in daily contact with J.P. throughout the whole process and if there was miscommunication it would have been from both sides, I assume," said Alfredsson. "From our point of view, me and J.P., we were close throughout the whole process and I dont feel that there was any miscommunication." Despite selling his Ottawa home and moving his family to Detroit, the Gothenburg, Sweden native has not shut the door on returning to the Senators organization when his time with the Red Wings is over. "I havent closed anything off," said Alfredsson. "This is a new chapter in our lives, a new challenge and who knows whats going to happen after. We havent planned anything about moving back to Sweden, Ottawa or staying (in Detroit)." The veteran is not worried about how hes viewed through the choices hes made but does want the people that used to cheer for him to know they are held in high regard. "I do care what people in Ottawa think of me and the love and support they gave me will always be with me and those 18 years will be a very special time." Alfredsson does, however, dispute the idea that the feelings coming from his former home are as hurt as people want to believe. "I dont think there is as much bitterness as people make it out to be," said Alfredsson. "In the long run we had a great relationship throughout my career, both on and off the ice, and you cant change that. I think if you carry yourself with pride and treat people the way they want to be treated, things usually work out." Kevin Pamphile Jersey . -- San Francisco 49ers offensive co-ordinator Greg Roman is a finalist to replace Joe Paterno at Penn State, his agent said Monday. Ryan Fitzpatrick Jersey . Meeks has agreed to a $19.5 million, three-year deal with Detroit, a person familiar with the situation said Tuesday night. The person, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because free agents cant sign contracts until the leagues moratorium ends July 10, also said Cartier Martin had agreed to a one-year contract with the rebuilding franchise. http://www.shoptheofficialbuccaneers.com/Elite-Vernon-Hargreaves-Iii-Buccaneers-Jersey/ . Louis Cardinals for the National League Wild Card, are in the drivers seat as they open the final series of the regular season, but they face a large task in the form of the Philadelphia Phillies.The coaching change two weeks ago seems to be just the start of a much-needed overhaul for the woeful Edmonton Oilers, who may not have any untouchables on the roster as their dismal season continues. Derek Roy and Matt Fraser are the newest additions, but its unclear if theyll play Tuesday night as Edmonton looks to avoid a 10th consecutive loss overall and eighth straight to the visiting Los Angeles Kings. The Oilers (7-22-7) have the fewest points in the NHL and have won just a single game over their last 21. Coach Todd Nelson has gone 0-3-2 since replacing Dallas Eakins on Dec. 15. Trade rumors also have swirled regarding Edmonton possibly looking to move big-name players like Taylor Hall, one of three No. 1 overall picks on the roster along with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Nail Yakupov. Nugent-Hopkins scored the Oilers goal in a 4-1 loss to Calgary on Saturday. Theyve been outscored 33-16 during a 0-7-2 stretch. In this league, its so hard to come back from even just one or two goals, so to spot them three is unfortunate, Nugent-Hopkins said. Edmonton made a pair of moves Monday, trading forward Mark Arcobello to Nashville for Roy and claiming Fraser off waivers from Boston. Roy, a four-time 20-goal scorer, had just one goal and nine assists in 26 games for the Predators. There has been no word if Roy or Fraser will dress for this contest. Roy had an assist in Nashvilles win in Edmonton on Oct. 29 that began a 1-10-2 home stretch for the Oilers. There is a ton of skill on the (Oilers). Its evident every game, Roy told Edmontons official website. Its a great opportunity for me. I think having all those young and skilled players around me is just going to help me and I can help them and then we can move forward and win some hockeyy games. Warren Sapp Jersey. Thats been a tall task for the Oilers, especially against Los Angeles. Tanner Pearson had two goals and an assist while Tyler Toffoli and Jeff Carter had one of each in a 6-1 victory Oct. 14 over Edmonton, which has been outscored 24-6 during its losing streak against the Kings. Los Angeles (18-12-7) is looking to bounce back after Mondays 2-1 loss to Calgary to begin a three-game road trip through Canada. Toffoli scored for the second straight game, but Marian Gaborik sat out with flu-like symptoms. Its unclear if Gaborik, who has seven goals and three assists during a six-game point streak, will be ready for this contest. You give up two goals like that (in the first period), its a tough start, especially on the road, forward Jarret Stoll said. Weve got to play better, weve got to lock things down, do a better job of checking, and be a quicker, faster team. Jonathan Quick faced only 15 shots, but Martin Jones still could get the nod in this contest. Jones is 3-3-1 with a 2.04 goals-against average in eight appearances and had back-to-back shutouts before losing 6-2 to Montreal in his last start Dec. 12. Viktor Fasth has a 3.78 GAA while losing eight straight starts after giving up three goals on six shots Saturday before Ben Scrivens replaced him. Scrivens, acquired in a trade with the Kings in January, allowed three goals in relief against his former team in the first meeting this season. TSN Game Notes LAK are 1-0-0 vs EDM this season, winning at home LAK have won 7 straight vs EDM, 3 of the wins in EDM in that span EDM (7-22-7): 0-7-2 past 9 games, 16GF, 2/25 on PP Schultz (1G, 1A) past 2 games LAK (18-12-7): 0-3-1 past 4 road games, 8GF, 1/15 on PP Lewis (2G, 2A) 4 game PT streak Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
10-18-2017 08:39:58 P.M.

Post a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer | Forward
All times are CSTPowered by UltraBoard v1.62