Louisiana Gumbo's Community Forums
Home | Sign In | Sign Up | Search | Help | Louisiana GumboPost a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer | Forward

Home / Gumbo Talk / Louisiana Gumbo Comments
ey[/url]. Gojowczyk dropped serve three times in t

New Messageey[/url]. Gojowczyk dropped serve three times in t (modified 0 times) bellis wu
Profile | Email
DAVIE, Fla. Robert Horry Jersey . -- Miami Dolphins newcomer Mike Wallace says he wants to lead the NFL in receiving -- and other stuff, too. Thats a lofty goal considering Wallace has yet to catch a pass in the exhibition season. He missed the Dolphins first game with a groin injury, and quarterback Ryan Tannehill never looked his way during their brief time on the field in Fridays victory at Jacksonville. Wallace, who totalled 32 touchdown catches in four years at Pittsburgh, was signed as a free agent in March to upgrade Miamis mediocre passing game. "I want to lead the league in everything I possibly can," he said Monday. "If you plan for anything other than that, youre settling. I want to be the best. Im not out here to be the second-best or third-best. I want to be the best player in the league. There are some great guys to try and catch, so I have a big-time challenge ahead of me, but Im up for it. Thats why Im here." Even though he has yet to catch a pass in a game for the Dolphins, he said hes meshing well with Tannehill. "Ryan and I are feeling good about each other," Wallace said. "Youre not going to see too much frustration out of me. I feel like Im doing a great job of working on getting to my spots and learning the offence. As long as I know where Im going and can play fast, Ill be fine." Last week Wallace said hes the fastest player in the NFL, and he looked the part when Tannehill hit him deep for a touchdown during seven-on-seven drills in practice Monday. "When you have a guy with that type of speed, it is exciting to throw the ball downfield," Tannehill said. "Its not going to be five touchdowns a game; I think thats what everyone kind of seems to be hinting at. But we are going to get him the ball. Hes going to get open short and deep. There is no need to panic or push to try to force him the ball. It is going to happen." James Harden Jersey . TSN 1290s game day coverage begins on Monday, June 9 at 5:30pm ct as the Blue Bombers take on the Toronto Argonauts in pre-season action. Bombers game day broadcasts on TSN 1290 are hosted by Winnipeg Blue Bomber Hall of Famers Troy Westwood and new addition Chris Walby, alongside beat reporter Darrin Bauming, who delivers regular reports on the team for TSN 1290 all-season long. Steve Francis Jersey . On Thursday theyll learn even more. Despite the cloud of uncertainty that has followed them around from the moment general manager Masai Ujiri was brought in to put his stamp on the franchise, the Raptors have surpassed all pre-season expectations. http://www.therocketsofficial.com/ . 1 status and was unable to prevent a late season collapse, James Reimer said he wants to put the past behind him and is looking forward to spending the next two years in a Maple Leaf uniform.NANCY, France -- France rallied from a 2-0 deficit to beat Germany 3-2 in the quarterfinals of the Davis Cup on Sunday. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga cruised past Tobias Kamke 6-3, 6-2, 6-4 to help France even the tie before Gael Monfils secured the winning point by defeating Peter Gojowczyk 6-1, 7-6 (0), 6-2. France improved to 8-2 against Germany and will next face the Czech Republic, which routed Japan 5-0. "This victory is logical and was expected, but we know nothing is logical in the Davis Cup," France captain Arnaud Clement told Sport Plus television. "We saw some courageous Germans who played their best tennis and even played above their usual level." Tsonga outslugged Kamke by making 45 winners to 19 for his opponent. The Frenchman jumped to a 3-0 lead in the first set and broke Kamke twice in the second. Tsonga slapped a forehand winner to break for a 2-1 lead in the last set before clinching the victory with an ace. In the fifth match, Monfils got off to a good start by winning the first five games. Gojowczyk saved two break points at 2-2 in the second set. However, Monfils fired threee forehand winners and an ace in the tiebreaker to go two sets up. PJ Tucker Jersey. Gojowczyk dropped serve three times in the final set as Monfils capitalized on an unforced error from the German to convert his first match point. "Im very proud of their reaction after those two losses on Friday that really hurt us," Clement said. "They knew they had no room for error. Playing in such conditions is very tough. But they managed to react like men." On Friday, Kamke beat Julien Benneteau 7-6 (8), 6-3, 6-2, and Gojowczyk outlasted Tsonga 5-7, 7-6 (3), 3-6, 7-6 (8), 8-6 to give Germany a 2-0 lead. On Saturday, Michael Llodra and Benneteau defeated Kamke and Andre Begemann 6-1, 7-6 (5), 4-6, 7-5 to cut Germanys lead to 2-1. "We said it last year and we said it at the beginning of this year: our goal is to win the Davis Cup," Clement said. "Reaching the semis is not enough for this ambitious group." Germany stunned Spain 4-1 in the first round but missed its four best players for this tie: Tommy Haas, Philipp Kohlschreiber, Florian Mayer and Benjamin Becker. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
11-02-2017 09:04:58 P.M.

Post a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer | Forward
All times are CSTPowered by UltraBoard v1.62